5 Reasons Your Online Sales Are Suffering
I stopped in at Ulta last weekend and guess what I saw. . . the first holiday displays going up.
What? (Seriously, does this annoy you as much as me?)
Seems waaayyy too early, but they know what they are doing!
What I have found with my clients that that they don’t always understand what it takes to have AMAZING sales figures.
I want to make a difference for you today. If you want to improve your sales, here are 5 reasons your sales are suffering and what you can do about it:
1. You don’t have a consistent marketing plan. I know that there is so much to stuff into a day when you are an entrepreneur. Developing a consistent marketing plan is the way to keep introducing people into your sales funnel.
2. You don’t DO your marketing plan. If you have a marketing plan and it is getting buried, well. . . you know the rest!
3. You don’t follow up. The Brevet Group published a statistic that 80% of sales happened AFTER 5 contact points. Follow up is the KEY to making sales.
4. You avoid the phone like the plague. So many online entrepreneurs avoid the phone like the plague. Clients have said to me, “I work online! Why do I have to call?” Working online can be very impersonal. Taking the time to make a call can create TONS of sales.
5. You don’t track what is working. When you get a new contact, do you track where it came from? If you don’t track what is working, you won’t know if you should continue, alter or discontinue a strategy.
Sales is a discipline, something that has to be done on a frequent basis, in order to keep your business running.
I’d love to know which one of these (maybe more than one?) you need to work on. Send a message to my personal email at email@example.com and let me know!