5 Ways to Know that You are OFF Track
Take a long look in the mirror. . . (Sigh) Are you off track? Is your business matching the vision that you had for it on day one when it was just an idea over the kitchen table? Here are five ways to know that you are in a ditch on the side of the road:
- You aren’t showing up. You don’t go into the office. The idea has gathered dust. Not showing up = off track in a big way.
- You have stopped marketing. Marketing is a constant process. If you aren’t marketing your business each week, your business won’t grow.
- Excuses have become your best friend. Bathtub cleaning. Grocery shopping. Answering emails. You are doing anything (and everything) except your work.
- Negative thinking has taken over. When everything you say and think starts with “I can’t,” you are in a rut and need to dig yourself out.
- A new business direction seems like the right move. Sometimes a new business IS the right option. Most of the time you simply need to recommit to what you have already started.
Business is about momentum. Every day you must recommit. If you are off track, a couple weeks of work will move your business forward, but you have to decide to do so. Create specific steps and get it in gear.